Artist seeks context (real or imaginary) suitable for the application of digital hobo signs.
We’ve a partially-developed prototype for a GPS-based system for ‘tagging’ physical space with digital media (photo, text, audio, video…) with a mobile phone.
We’re trying to think of contexts to test this system against, so that we can refine the user interface and fill in the details.
The process goes something like this:
- 1st person goes to the location they want to comment on
- 1st person records their media at the location
- 1st person sends media to the server
- Phone also sends GPS co-ordinates
- 2nd person, at home, sees location (but not media) marked on map
- 2nd person goes to location
- 2nd person views media on their phone
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th persons plus friends work towards common goal.